World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria will be released both digitally and in stores on September 25th, adding a fourth expansion to Blizzard's long-running MMORPG.
The expansion adds an unprecedented amount of new content to the game, including a new race, (the roly-poly Pandaren), their home continent of Pandaria, and the pugilistic Monk class. Several other features will be added as well, such as the Pet Battle System, which adds a layer of gameplay to WoW's already addictive vanity pet collection metagame. It will also boost the game's level cap from 85 to 90.
The expansion will cost $39.99 online and in-stores, while a Digital Deluxe edition — exclusive to Blizzard's online store — will be available for $59.99. This edition will net players the following bonuses:
- World of Warcraft In-Game Mount: Take to the skies of Azeroth astride the mystical Imperial Quilen flying mount.
- World of Warcraft In-Game Pet: Journey across Pandaria with the Lucky Quilen Cub at your side.
- StarCraft 2 Battle.net Portraits: Bring the Horde and Alliance rivalry to the far reaches of the Koprulu sector with exclusive Infested Orc and Night Elf Templar Battle.net portraits.
- Diablo 3 Banner Sigil and Accent: Display your status as a hero of Pandaria with the iconic markings of World of Warcraft's newest playable race, the pandaren.
A third, arguably even special-er Collector's Edition will be available exclusively through retail outlets for $79.99. These will include the bonuses from the Digital Deluxe version, as well as the following:
- Behind-the-Scenes DVD and Blu-Ray: Learn about the creation of Pandaria with this two-disc set featuring over an hour of commentary, insider interviews, and developer roundtables.
- Collector's Edition Soundtrack CD: Experience 20 orchestral pieces from Mists of Pandaria.
- The Art of Mists of Pandaria Book: Explore this 208-page hardcover tome featuring never-before-seen pieces from the expansion, from early concepts to final 3D renderings.
- Chen Stormstout Mouse Pad: Equip your desk with this special-edition mouse pad featuring the legendary pandaren brewmaster.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Do Polynauts dream of analog sheep? (Fri 7 Mar)
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (March 2014)
- When Gameplay coincides with the story
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Dracul: Now not a Dick
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Welcome to the Polygon Community!
- Which FPS are you most looking forward to in 2014?