Mercy Hospital, the free crossover DLC for Payday: The Heist based on Valve's Left 4 Dead series, is available today for free, developer Overkill Software announced.
"Mercy Hospital," the free crossover DLC for Payday: The Heist based on Valve's Left 4 Dead series, is available today on Steam for PC, developer Overkill Software announced.
"Set in the Mercy Hospital, the gang is on a quest for blood," a representative from Overkill wrote on the developer's blog. "The source is carrying some kind of rare virus that has potential buyers on the outside. Get in, get the blood samples, get out. Don't worry — spilling some of the blood can't be the end of the world..."
In addition to the Mercy Hospital level (or "heist" in Payday: The Heist terminology), the DLC also includes new player masks and a new theme based on the level.
Last month, Valve's Chet Faliszek told Polygon that the collaboration was a chance for Overkill to have "fun in the general fiction we set down in the No Mercy campaign and L4D comic." You can watch a bit of that fun in the trailer below.
- What does it really cost to open an indie studio? All your money, most of your life
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- If Sony wants PlayStation Now to succeed, it has to treat us better than GameStop
- How well does PlayStation Now work on PS4?
- Rayman creator Michel Ancel leading new indie studio Wild Sheep, will stay at Ubisoft