Microsoft to open a new London-based studio for the creation of casual titles on Xbox 360.
Microsoft announced it is opening a new games studio in London and is currently hiring for senior staff with experience in online, mobile, and cloud services, MCV reports.
The creation of the studio is believed to be part of Microsoft's push toward first-party, free-to-play, and online casual titles for its Xbox 360 console.
"EMEA is a key market for us and we continue to cultivate the best talent and focus on growing our business, with this role focused on the continued expansion of our Microsoft Studios business in the region," the company said in a statement to MCV.
This follows yesterday's confirmation from Konami that the firm would open a London-based studio for its Pro Evolution Soccer franchise.
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 100% Complete (Thu 6 Mar)
- How to make "South Park:Stick of Truth" more like Final Fantasy