"Final Fantasy XIV: A Real Reborn" update will remove some content from the previous version of "Final Fantasy XIV."
The update will remove certain mounts as well as delete all Guild Marks. Square Enix encourages players to use up all Marks before the update goes live, as Mark refunds for previously purchased abilities will not be possible once the update is live. It will also remove a large number of Battle, Quest, Seasonal Event, Dungeon, and Exploration achievements.
A Realm Reborn will also record the date and time of achievements to create an in-game character history, which will be different from current methods of recording via The Lodestone. The new game will also provide "significantly different viewing experiences" for cutscenes.
A full list of discontinued content can be found on the game's official website. The first gameplay of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn will be viewable at Gamescom in Cologne, Germany next month.
- OlliOlli developer Roll7's next trick, the kill combo-based shoot 'em up Not A Hero
- Blizzard silenced Hearthstone players, and it made the game amazing
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn on PS4 - Overview video
- Guild Wars' nine year anniversary festivities kick off April 22
- Conception 2 review: bad romance