"Final Fantasy XIV: A Real Reborn" update will remove some content from the previous version of "Final Fantasy XIV."
The update will remove certain mounts as well as delete all Guild Marks. Square Enix encourages players to use up all Marks before the update goes live, as Mark refunds for previously purchased abilities will not be possible once the update is live. It will also remove a large number of Battle, Quest, Seasonal Event, Dungeon, and Exploration achievements.
A Realm Reborn will also record the date and time of achievements to create an in-game character history, which will be different from current methods of recording via The Lodestone. The new game will also provide "significantly different viewing experiences" for cutscenes.
A full list of discontinued content can be found on the game's official website. The first gameplay of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn will be viewable at Gamescom in Cologne, Germany next month.
- The amazing real-world Assassin's Creed Unity parkour run and how it was created
- The new Unreal Tournament looks incredible, see it in motion
- Sony agrees to $15M settlement in 2011 data breach class action
- Here is how anyone can get The Sims 2 Ultimate Edition for free
- Titanfall getting in-game currency in update 5, coming July 31 with Frontier's Edge map pack