Gunblitz, indie developer Rapture Game Studios' first release, is coming to PC, Mac, iPhone, Android, and will be an Ouya release title.
Gunblitz, indie developer Rapture Game Studios' first release, will be an Ouya launch title, and is coming to PC, Mac, iPhone, and Android, the developer recently announced on Facebook.
The Fort Wayne-based developer will release the PC version of Gunblitz on September 4th, with other versions to follow. The Ouya is expected to launch in March 2013. The shoot 'em up has a PC demo available for download on Rapture Game Studios' website.
Last week, former Infinity Ward lead Robert Bowling's Robotki development studio announced an Ouya-exclusive episodic prequel to Human Element, which is headed to various platforms in 2015. Polygon spoke with Bowling about the Ouya platform and the prequel.
You can watch Gunblitz action — including all the bullets, missiles and energy shields you can imagine — in the trailer below.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Do Polynauts dream of analog sheep? (Fri 7 Mar)
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Which FPS are you most looking forward to in 2014?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends