"Planetside 2" beta pushed back to "Friday or Monday."
The beta had been planned to drop today or tomorrow but "we have some stuff we need to make sure is awesome," Smedley tweeted. He said the beta needed polishing and testing before it could be released to the public.
The beta for Planetside 2, a free-to-play first-person shooter from Sony, had been slated to release in waves this week "barring any unforeseen circumstances." Sony is still accepting beta applications at the game's official website.
- San Diego Comic-Con 2014: All the news from pop culture's biggest event
- Hearthstone dev invents stories that tell themselves
- HBO documentary examines addiction, ethics of game design in shadow of child's death
- Here's the opening to that Bayonetta anime they've been talking about forever
- Learn how to copy, and know when to steal