"Planetside 2" beta pushed back to "Friday or Monday."
The beta had been planned to drop today or tomorrow but "we have some stuff we need to make sure is awesome," Smedley tweeted. He said the beta needed polishing and testing before it could be released to the public.
The beta for Planetside 2, a free-to-play first-person shooter from Sony, had been slated to release in waves this week "barring any unforeseen circumstances." Sony is still accepting beta applications at the game's official website.
- Games for Change 2014: How gaming can change everything
- Playing with privilege: the invisible benefits of gaming while male
- Is Watch Dogs doing anything original?
- The Dreamcast was the beginning, and the end, of the golden age of peripherals
- Project Cars trailer touts photorealism and reveals a November release