The Nintendo 3DS XL moved 193,000 units at launch, almost half of the original 3DS' launch.
New Super Mario Bros. 2, released along the new handheld, sold around 430,185 copies. Whether this number includes digital sales is not noted.
The original 3DS sold through its launch-day shipment of 400,000 units in March last year. Sales of the 3DS XL did outperform the Nintendo DSi, launched in 2008, which sold over 170,000 units. Its larger verison, the DSi XL, moved 100,000 at its release in 2009.
Sony's rival PlayStation Vita sold 321,407 units on its release in Japan in December 2011.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepared for Titanfall? (Mon 10 Mar)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Getting a PS4
- Which wiki?
- Polygon v1.9 - Article Redesign
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- WTB physical DS2 for PC in US
- Prepare for Titanfall (Xbox One)