Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 will receive two new Spec Ops missions as part of its August content drops for Call of Duty Elite subscribers, developer Sledgehammer Games told VideoGamer.
The missions, "Light 'Em Up" and "Special Delivery," will come to Elite members on Xbox 360 in "the next few weeks," according to Sledgehammer VP Michael Condrey.
In Light 'Em Up, which takes place after the game's single-player campaign, players take on the roles of two SAS operatives rescuing a comrade from a compound near a dam in Eastern Europe. One player pilots a Little Bird helicopter — a fully controllable vehicle, rare for the Modern Warfare series — to provide air support for his partner on the ground, who is searching for intel and the hostage.
A different type of helicopter shows up in Special Delivery, which makes use of killstreak rewards from the game's multiplayer mode. One player controls an Osprey Gunner, which also drops three different types of Care Packages for the co-op partner on the ground.
This is one of the final pieces of DLC for Modern Warfare 3's season of content. The last content drop, rumored to contain three multiplayer maps, is due out for Elite subscribers on Xbox 360 in September.
- Win a one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Notorious Airbnb squatter may be the dev behind two flailing Kickstarter games
- Report: Google to acquire Twitch for $1 billion
- Here is why you probably won't get into the LittleBigPlanet 3 private beta this August
- Sunset Overdrive's character customization is serious business