A quick guide to changing damsels in Spelunky.
Spelunky lets players choose from a number of different playable characters, ranging in race and gender. Sure, some of these characters are on the Tintin side of awkward racial stereotypes, but the option to play as anything other than a white dude sets Spelunky apart from 99% of the competition.
What about the damsel? This non-playable character, who if saved gives you a kiss and a bonus heart, is a beautiful blond in a slinky red dress by default. That can be changed. Here's how.
At the menu screen, select "Help & Options."
Then select "Settings."
Scroll down to and select "Damsel Style."
Four options are available: the aforementioned lady damsel, the hunky beefcake in a Chippendales-style red bow tie and speedo ensemble, and a goggle-eyed pug. The fourth option randomly selects one of the three for each stage.
Now you can get kisses from men and women, or licks from an adorable pup. That's the American way!
- What does it really cost to open an indie studio? All your money, most of your life
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- If Sony wants PlayStation Now to succeed, it has to treat us better than GameStop
- How well does PlayStation Now work on PS4?
- Ultima Forever comes to an end months after closure of EA Mythic