NiGHTS into dreams... a flying platformer for the Sega Saturn released 16 years ago today is coming this fall to XBLA, PSN and Windows PCs.
NiGHTS into dreams..., a flight-based platformer released for the Sega Saturn 16 years ago today, is coming this fall to XBLA, PSN, Steam and Windows PCs, Sega announced in a press release.
In addition to HD graphics and widescreen support, the remake will include Saturn Mode, which allows gamers to play the original Sega Saturn version of the game. Players flying alongside Night, the purple-clad character that donned the original Saturn box art, will also find support for leader boards, trophies and achievements.
"The SEGA Saturn offered many unique gaming experiences, and NiGHTS into dreams... stands out as one of the most recognizable titles that found a home on the system," said Chris Olson, Vice President of Digital Business at SEGA. "We've gotten a lot of requests about this game over the years, and are very happy to be able to give both former Saturn owners and new players a chance to play it in its most beautiful form to date this fall."
Sega hinted at the remake earlier this week with a teaser image on its Facebook page. You can watch the official announcement trailer below.
- Playing with privilege: the invisible benefits of gaming while male
- Why a deal between Netflix and Comcast matters to gamers
- Moebius: Empire Rising review: remedial history
- Persona 4 Arena Ultimax will include story DLC, RPG-like arena mode
- Investors put up millions for a virtual reality treadmill and now it could come to consoles