GAME Australia will end trading this Sunday.
GAME Australia will close its doors July 8th, with remaining stores to cease trading across the country, PriceWaterhouseCoopers confirmed.
Last month the firm announced the remaining Australian retail stores were scheduled to shutter; however, a set date has not been announced until now.
GAME Australia went into liquidation in June after a meeting of creditors voted for the business to be liquidated. Fifteen GAME stores have been in continued operation since the decision was finalized, with sales of up to 60 percent off held at the remaining stores as part of a final clearance sale.
Following its first round of layoffs in May, the video game retailer confirmed 281 members of staff were laid off from both the head office and retail stores.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Do Polynauts dream of analog sheep? (Fri 7 Mar)
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Welcome to the Polygon Community!
- Which FPS are you most looking forward to in 2014?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules