Terminal Reality is developing The Walking Dead Videogame, a first-person shooter based on AMC's television adaptation of Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead comic, publisher Activision announced today.
Players will control Daryl Dixon as he and his brother Merle fight and sneak through the Georgia countryside, with their destination being the purported safe haven of Atlanta. The game seems to take place prior to the TV series: the CG teaser trailer on its official website uses the tagline, "Before the farm, before Atlanta, they were just brothers."
According to Activision, zombies will hunt the protagonists with sight, sound, and smell, and players will have to manage limited resources in order to survive. While this game is unrelated to Telltale's episodic Walking Dead adventure game, it will offer the player some tough choices in whether to involve "a slew of other characters."
The Walking Dead Videogame is set for release in 2013 on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 30
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Tell Us Your Story
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- What's your favorite silly game?
- RIP Friends List?
- What's the deal with DS2: Sunken Crown walkthrough?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!