Terminal Reality is developing The Walking Dead Videogame, a first-person shooter based on AMC's television adaptation of Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead comic, publisher Activision announced today.
Players will control Daryl Dixon as he and his brother Merle fight and sneak through the Georgia countryside, with their destination being the purported safe haven of Atlanta. The game seems to take place prior to the TV series: the CG teaser trailer on its official website uses the tagline, "Before the farm, before Atlanta, they were just brothers."
According to Activision, zombies will hunt the protagonists with sight, sound, and smell, and players will have to manage limited resources in order to survive. While this game is unrelated to Telltale's episodic Walking Dead adventure game, it will offer the player some tough choices in whether to involve "a slew of other characters."
The Walking Dead Videogame is set for release in 2013 on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepared for Titanfall? (Mon 10 Mar)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- When Gameplay coincides with the story
- PS4 Now or Wait Till Price Drop & Gaikai?
- When can I buy this digitally for Xbox One?
- Getting a PS4
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- How is Battlefield 4 on PC
- Prepare for Titanfall (Xbox One)