EVO 2012 results are in.
The winners of the world's largest fighting game championship EVO 2012 were announced this weekend after kicking off in Las Vegas last Friday, with South Korean user Seon-woo Lee named world champion of Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition Version 2012.
Lee, also known as Infiltration, beat Daigo "The Beast" Umehara, one of the greatest fighting game players in the world. Taiwan-based Gamerbee came in second, followed by Puerto Rican PR Balrog, China's Xiao Hai, and Umehara finishing fifth.
Last year's champion, Fuudo, did not make the final eight
The full list of EVO 2012 champions, as posted on Shoryuken, include:
- Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition Version 2012 - Infiltration
- Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 - Filipino Champ
- Mortal Kombat - KN.EMP|Perfect Legend
- King of Fighters 13 - Mad KOF
- Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown - Fuudo
- Street Fighter x Tekken - Infiltration & Laugh
- SoulCalibur 5 - Shining Decopon
Evo 2012 features competitors seeded from 17 tournaments held across the globe from the U.S. to Australia and Singapore. The event, which was streamed on its official Twitch.tv page, also featured panels by Sony and Capcom.
- Sony agrees to $15M settlement in 2011 data breach class action
- Dwarf Fortress will crush your CPU because creating history is hard
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- Launching Civilization: Beyond Earth
- Here is how anyone can get The Sims 2 Ultimate Edition for free