EVO 2012 results are in.
The winners of the world's largest fighting game championship EVO 2012 were announced this weekend after kicking off in Las Vegas last Friday, with South Korean user Seon-woo Lee named world champion of Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition Version 2012.
Lee, also known as Infiltration, beat Daigo "The Beast" Umehara, one of the greatest fighting game players in the world. Taiwan-based Gamerbee came in second, followed by Puerto Rican PR Balrog, China's Xiao Hai, and Umehara finishing fifth.
Last year's champion, Fuudo, did not make the final eight
The full list of EVO 2012 champions, as posted on Shoryuken, include:
- Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition Version 2012 - Infiltration
- Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 - Filipino Champ
- Mortal Kombat - KN.EMP|Perfect Legend
- King of Fighters 13 - Mad KOF
- Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown - Fuudo
- Street Fighter x Tekken - Infiltration & Laugh
- SoulCalibur 5 - Shining Decopon
Evo 2012 features competitors seeded from 17 tournaments held across the globe from the U.S. to Australia and Singapore. The event, which was streamed on its official Twitch.tv page, also featured panels by Sony and Capcom.
- What does it really cost to open an indie studio? All your money, most of your life
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- If Sony wants PlayStation Now to succeed, it has to treat us better than GameStop
- How well does PlayStation Now work on PS4?
- Police: San Diego Comic-Con cosplayer wasn't assaulted, she fell