Molyneux's Curiosity is hitting iOS, Android, and PC this August.
Peter Molyneux's first upcoming title with new studio 22 Can's, titled Curiosity, is scheduled to hit iOS, Android, and PC on August 22nd.
The experimental game has users chip away at a cube made of 60 million smaller cubes in an attempt to uncovery a mystery at its center. Molyneux described the mystery during indie and PC games show Rezzed as "so valuable, and so life-changingly important."
"It's so amazing I think it will appear on news reports," Molyneux said during the presentation, "though it's not a dead cat, by the way."
Curiosity is able to support up to one million players chipping at the block at any one time; however, only one user will be able to unlock the mystery.
Last month it was revealed the game will support microtransactions, including a diamond pickaxe available for roughly $77,000 (or £50,000) as a way to test the psychology of monetization. Molyneux described this during the presentation as "nothing to be ashamed of."
- The 'true' story of a Pokémon game that turns you into a murderer
- A guided tour of the 1 KB hard drive built inside Minecraft
- Do low game prices spell a 'mass extinction' for game developers?
- Fez developer Polytron hacked in ongoing game developer harassment effort
- Pokémon's Slowpoke has its own official reggae song
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread: Double Sabre - Fri Aug 22
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Anime You Might Not Have Tried/Heard of #9
- 'Goodbye Polygon,' said Frushtick
- I've experienced the Pokémon World Championships, and you should too
- Games with great Sound Design