Molyneux's Curiosity is hitting iOS, Android, and PC this August.
Peter Molyneux's first upcoming title with new studio 22 Can's, titled Curiosity, is scheduled to hit iOS, Android, and PC on August 22nd.
The experimental game has users chip away at a cube made of 60 million smaller cubes in an attempt to uncovery a mystery at its center. Molyneux described the mystery during indie and PC games show Rezzed as "so valuable, and so life-changingly important."
"It's so amazing I think it will appear on news reports," Molyneux said during the presentation, "though it's not a dead cat, by the way."
Curiosity is able to support up to one million players chipping at the block at any one time; however, only one user will be able to unlock the mystery.
Last month it was revealed the game will support microtransactions, including a diamond pickaxe available for roughly $77,000 (or £50,000) as a way to test the psychology of monetization. Molyneux described this during the presentation as "nothing to be ashamed of."
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: PLACE HAND HERE! (Thu 17 Apr)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: M! (Wed 16 Apr)
- Scrolling front page - can't access bottom banner
- The best song in a video game?
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)
- Controller Design Competition
- What characters would you guys like to see on the new Super Smash Bros?