Molyneux's Curiosity is hitting iOS, Android, and PC this August.
Peter Molyneux's first upcoming title with new studio 22 Can's, titled Curiosity, is scheduled to hit iOS, Android, and PC on August 22nd.
The experimental game has users chip away at a cube made of 60 million smaller cubes in an attempt to uncovery a mystery at its center. Molyneux described the mystery during indie and PC games show Rezzed as "so valuable, and so life-changingly important."
"It's so amazing I think it will appear on news reports," Molyneux said during the presentation, "though it's not a dead cat, by the way."
Curiosity is able to support up to one million players chipping at the block at any one time; however, only one user will be able to unlock the mystery.
Last month it was revealed the game will support microtransactions, including a diamond pickaxe available for roughly $77,000 (or £50,000) as a way to test the psychology of monetization. Molyneux described this during the presentation as "nothing to be ashamed of."
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Beast Mode (Thurs 24 April)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Titanfall less addictive than previous/similar games?
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: What? (Wed 23 April)
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Game freezes at the starting screen, launch error
- Changing Posting Name
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)