San Diego Comic-Con 2012 will mark the first public hands-on with the Nintendo 3DS XL, but the company isn't bringing the Wii U to the show.
San Diego Comic-Con 2012 will mark the first public hands-on in the US with the Nintendo 3DS XL, the company announced today.
Nintendo is supplementing its booth on the show floor (#5135) with a Nintendo Gaming Lounge, which will be located in the San Diego Ballroom of the Marriott Marquis & Marina Hotel, right next door to the convention. The Lounge is open to the public — you don't even need a Comic-Con badge to get in.
Wii, 3DS, and DS games will be shown at Nintendo's booth and in the Lounge, but curiously, the company will not have the Wii U — which is due out this fall — available to play.
Check out the full list of playable games below.
Nintendo 3DS / Nintendo 3DS XL
- New Super Mario Bros. 2
- Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
- Kid Icarus: Uprising
- Mario Kart 7
- Super Mario 3D Land
- Castlevania: Lords of Shadow – Mirror of Fate
- Heroes of Ruin
- Kingdom Hearts 3D [Dream Drop Distance]
- Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes
- Kirby's Dream Collection: Special Edition
- Just Dance 4
- Link, F-Zero and Animal Crossing are coming to Mario Kart 8 as DLC
- The Walking Dead Season 2 Finale review: can't go home again
- If you thought Dark Souls was hard, try Titan Souls
- The Pokemon fighting game won't play like Tekken (or feature Tekken characters)
- Multiplayer comes to Dragon Age with Inquisition's 4-player co-op mode