Steam's Summer Sale 2012 may include 11 days of indie game bundles.
Details about Steam's rumored Summer Sale, which may include 11 days of indie game bundles, may have been uncovered through Valve's Steamworks registry.
According to entries retrieved from Steamworks' registry, each indie bundle seems to contain at least five games, including titles like Braid (day three), QUBE (day seven), and VVVVVV (day 10). Recently updated registry listings also include publisher-based bundles for Square, Bethesda, and THQ and franchise-based bundles for Bioshock, Sniper Elite, and Command and Conquer.
Open Steamworks, a web-based implementation of Valve's Steamworks API, allows a users to search the Steamworks database. A search with the keyword "summer" returns a long list of summer bundles going back to at least 2010. Several recent additions to the Steamworks database include the phrase "Summer 2012."
Circumstantial evidence suggests that the sale may run from this Thursday, July 12th, through July 22nd. We have contacted Valve and will update this story as more information becomes available.
The complete list of the alleged summer 2012 bundles appears below.
- Summer Sale Indie Bundle Day One
- Summer Sale Indie Bundle Day Two
- Summer Sale Indie Bundle Day Three
- Summer Sale Indie Bundle Day Four
- Summer Sale Indie Bundle Day Five
- Summer Sale Indie Bundle Day Six
- Summer Sale Indie Bundle Day Seven
- Summer Sale Indie Bundle Day Eight
- Summer Sale Indie Bundle Day Nine
- Summer Sale Indie Bundle Day Ten
- Summer Sale Indie Bundle Day Eleven
- Alan Wake Bundle
- Binding of Isaac Bundle
- Duke Nukem Bundle
- Trine Bundle
- Bioshock Franchise Pack
- Command and Conquer Franchise
- Majesty Franchise
- Sniper Elite Franchise Pack
- Sword of the Stars Franchise
- Victoria Franchise
- Civilization Collection
- Railworks 3 - Summer Sale Collection
- Stardock Collection Pack
- Strategy First Complete Pack
- 1C Collection Pack
- Bethesda Collection
- Kalypso Collection
- Paradox Collection
- Square Hit Collection
- TellTale Collection
- THQ Collection
- Miyamoto signals Nintendo desire to focus on hardcore
- In loving memory of video games
- Inside a video game voiceover studio
- Check out Metro 2033's Redux-ed facelift
- Here are the free games for PlayStation Plus in September
- Escape Dead Island is really bloody…
- Spacecom is 4X strategy, but fast and made for multiplayer
- Destiny will pre-load on Xbox One, according to pulled Xbox.com listing
- The Walking Dead Season 2 Finale review: can't go home again
- Mega Man X4, X5 coming to PlayStation Store as PSOne Classics
- On Patreon support
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 27
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue Aug 26
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- Pre-load coming to the XB1 according to the store page
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Polygon must change its ethics policy.
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (August 2014)