Colin McComb, a developer who has worked on games like Planescape: Torment and Fallout 2 joined the team working on Wasteland 2, it was confirmed this weekend.
Taking to Twitter, Wasteland 2's director, Brian Fargo, said that McComb will be joining the team as a writer for the game.
McComb served as a writer and designer on Planescape: Torment and Fallout 2, designing quests, non-playable character development, and contributing to the storylines of both games. He joins Chris Avellone, the chief creative officer of Obsidian, who also signed on to write and design the game.
Fargo tweeted that Wasteland 2, which was successfully Kickstarted earlier this year for almost $3 million, will be "pretty epic". The game has a planned release date of October 2013 for PC, Mac, and Linux.
- We play Titanfall, TowerFall and Dark Souls 2 in this week's Polygon Live
- Dark Souls 2 - Overview video
- R.B.I. Baseball 14 wants to be the simple, fast-paced game you remember
- Dark Souls 2: tips for beginners and returning masochists
- Roguelike-JRPG Dragon Fin Soup is two developers' quest for creative fulfillment