Europa Universalis 4 is aiming for a 2013 release on PC and will include a multiplayer component, according to the developer.
Europa Universalis 4, the just-announced revival of Paradox Interactive's hardcore strategy game franchise, is scheduled for a 2013 release on PC and will include a multiplayer component, according to the developer.
Europa Universalis 4's multiplayer will allow up to 32 players to battle each other or to join forces and cooperate as a single nation in a timeline encompassing thousands of historical events over 300 years.
Players will choose from more than 4,000 historical monarchs from over 250 countries. With a new system called "monarch power," a nation's leader influences the personality of the nation under his or her control. "Do you have a warrior King? Then it is time to make war," Paradox said in a press release.
The game will also include a new trade system, which players can exploit by honing a nation's trading prowess or through brute force by conquering key shipping ports.
Paradox's Q3 2013 release window spans from July 1st to September 30th. The PC system requirements appear below:
- Windows XP/Vista/7
- Intel Pentium IV 2.4 GHz or AMD 3500+
- 2 GB RAM
- 2 GB free hard drive space
- NVIDIA GeForce 8800 or ATI Radeon X1900 video card, 512Mb graphics memory required, resolution at least 1024 x 768
- Direct X-compatible sound card
- DirectX 9
- 3-button mouse
- Internet connection for multiplayer
You can check out the game's announcement trailer and a gallery featuring screenshots and concept art below.
- Win a one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Notorious Airbnb squatter may be the dev behind two flailing Kickstarter games
- Report: Google to acquire Twitch for $1 billion
- Skylanders launching more powerful premium figures this fall
- Sunset Overdrive's character customization is serious business