EA's digital download service, Origin, coming to OS X.
Electronic Arts is bringing its digital download service, Origin, to Mac, Facebook, Android, and Smart TV.
It was first revealed that Origin would be coming to Mac in a press release detailing the OS X version of SimCity, stating that the game would be coming as a "digital download via Origin in February 2013." The additional platforms were revealed during the company's GamesCom press conference.
No specific release date for the new platforms has been announced, though additional features to be added to Origin include support for free-to-play games, exclusive digital content, live videos and a new dashboard.
In This StoryStream
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Tell Us Your Story
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (July 2014)
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 30
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward