EA's digital download service, Origin, coming to OS X.
Electronic Arts is bringing its digital download service, Origin, to Mac, Facebook, Android, and Smart TV.
It was first revealed that Origin would be coming to Mac in a press release detailing the OS X version of SimCity, stating that the game would be coming as a "digital download via Origin in February 2013." The additional platforms were revealed during the company's GamesCom press conference.
No specific release date for the new platforms has been announced, though additional features to be added to Origin include support for free-to-play games, exclusive digital content, live videos and a new dashboard.
In This StoryStream
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Do Polynauts dream of analog sheep? (Fri 7 Mar)
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Dracul: Now not a Dick
- When Gameplay coincides with the story
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Welcome to the Polygon Community!
- Which FPS are you most looking forward to in 2014?
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 100% Complete (Thu 6 Mar)