"The Last Story" release date bumped to August 17th.
The Last Story, Mistwalker's fantasy role-playing game for the Nintendo Wii, had its release date bumped from yesterday, August 14th to Friday, August 17th, according to retailer GameStop.
A GameStop employee told Polygon that the release date had been changed this morning, a move that can only be done by a game's developer. Shipments of the game which had been expected to arrive yesterday have been reportedly pushed back to this Friday due to "production issues, or trouble getting off the press."
A representative for North American publisher Xseed marked August 14th as the game's ship date, not release date.
"While the ship date was in fact August 14th, a lot of stores will be receiving the game on the 15th, 16th, and 17th depending on shipping logistics," said the representative.
Retail website Amazon will ship copies of the game "in one to three weeks," according to a customer service representative. This includes customers who pre-ordered the game.
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- Why I'm in love with this sweet game about a little girl in Alaska
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- Sherlock Holmes shooting at Watson is just the beginning of this 25 minute gameplay trailer