Our first look at The Walking Dead video game from Activision and Terminal Reality.
Activision has kept its first-person shooter based on AMC's The Walking Dead under wraps since its announcement in early July. Today, the publisher reveals a bit more about the Terminal Reality-developed game, revealing two new screenshots.
While the new screens are unfortunately lacking in undead, our first look at The Walking Dead helpfully illustrates what abandoned trailer parks and grocery stores will look like in this zombie apocalypse. (Presumably, those are two locations players will visit in the "first-person, do-whatever-you-need-to-survive game" coming to the PlayStation 3, PC, and Xbox 360 next year.)
In The Walking Dead, players will control Daryl Dixon who, armed with his crossbow and aided by his brother Merle, will journey to Atlanta, battling throngs of "Walkers." The game is said to blend first-person action with survival horror-style resource management. Players will need to consider food supplies, medical needs, and ammunition to survive their journey.
The game's undead walkers will "move and react to sights, sounds, and smells" like their televised inspiration.
"Decisions matter," Activision says, "as Daryl will encounter a slew of characters that can help or hurt him in a variety of ways."
The Walking Dead is scheduled for release sometime in 2013.
- Accused Airbnb squatter: 'Would squat again'
- The 'Mad Max: Fury Road' trailer is the most impressive thing to come out of Comic-Con
- San Diego Comic-Con 2014: All the news from pop culture's biggest event
- Shadowrun Returns gets a Director's Cut of its expansion this September
- Lucy Lawless: New Wonder Woman looks like 'Xena meets Spartacus'