The Final Fantasy 25th anniversary celebration comes to North America at PAX Prime.
The Final Fantasy 25th anniversary celebration will kick off in North America at PAX Prime later this month, developer and publisher Square Enix announced today.
In tandem with the event in Tokyo, the general public is invited to attend a special "Experience Final Fantasy" event on August 31st from 1 p.m. to 9 p.m. in Seatlle's ACT Theater. Attendees will have access to playable units of Final Fantasy titles across all console generations and will receive a special poster featuring artwork by Yoshitaka Amano. Players have a chance to win a plush doll of a series character or a Final Fantasy XIII-2-themed PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360 console.
At 7:30 p.m. attendees will be among the first to see a special video announcement regarding the future of the Final Fantasy XIII saga by producer Yoshinori Kitase, director Motomu Toriyama, and art director Isamu Kamikokuryo.
Later in the year fans can attend two special performances by the Distant Worlds Final Fantasy concert series in Chicago and Berkeley, California.
- What does it really cost to open an indie studio? All your money, most of your life
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- If Sony wants PlayStation Now to succeed, it has to treat us better than GameStop
- How well does PlayStation Now work on PS4?
- Police: San Diego Comic-Con cosplayer wasn't assaulted, she fell