Red 5 doubles "Firefall" team with ex-BioWare and 38 Studios' developers.
"About 80 percent or 90 percent of the people we've added in the past few months have been from 38 and Bioware. Two months ago we had a staff of 60, and now we're at just over 100," class designer Dave Williams told PC Gamer in an interview.
Red 5 spent a month recruiting additional staff to produce more content for Firefall. Williams believes that "the timing of 38 studios and Star Wars [developed in part by BioWare Austin] dumping all their staff at the same time" was "really good" for the developer.
"We've found some incredibly talented people who are really happy. It's allowed us to build up the team quickly," Williams said.
Firefall is currently in closed beta.
- Last of Us Remastered Photo Mode screens go from brutal to kawaii
- GOG.com accidentally gives away thousands of games
- Battlefield Hardline's singleplayer tells the story of a good cop framed
- Win a trip to California and one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- How cows predicted the seedy underbelly of social gaming