Red 5 doubles "Firefall" team with ex-BioWare and 38 Studios' developers.
"About 80 percent or 90 percent of the people we've added in the past few months have been from 38 and Bioware. Two months ago we had a staff of 60, and now we're at just over 100," class designer Dave Williams told PC Gamer in an interview.
Red 5 spent a month recruiting additional staff to produce more content for Firefall. Williams believes that "the timing of 38 studios and Star Wars [developed in part by BioWare Austin] dumping all their staff at the same time" was "really good" for the developer.
"We've found some incredibly talented people who are really happy. It's allowed us to build up the team quickly," Williams said.
Firefall is currently in closed beta.
- Police investigating Comic-Con cosplay assault, photographer arrested
- The front lines: How a beta makes a game better
- PlayStation Now rentals cost $2.99 for four hours play, but everything could be changing
- Twitter can fix its harassment problem, but why mess with success?
- A video history of Crytek in two minutes