Red 5 doubles "Firefall" team with ex-BioWare and 38 Studios' developers.
"About 80 percent or 90 percent of the people we've added in the past few months have been from 38 and Bioware. Two months ago we had a staff of 60, and now we're at just over 100," class designer Dave Williams told PC Gamer in an interview.
Red 5 spent a month recruiting additional staff to produce more content for Firefall. Williams believes that "the timing of 38 studios and Star Wars [developed in part by BioWare Austin] dumping all their staff at the same time" was "really good" for the developer.
"We've found some incredibly talented people who are really happy. It's allowed us to build up the team quickly," Williams said.
Firefall is currently in closed beta.
- The 'true' story of a Pokémon game that turns you into a murderer
- A guided tour of the 1 KB hard drive built inside Minecraft
- Do low game prices spell a 'mass extinction' for game developers?
- Fez developer Polytron hacked in ongoing game developer harassment effort
- Pokémon's Slowpoke has its own official reggae song