Konami confirms Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 3DS delayed to 2013.
Konami has pushed back the release of its first Castlevania for the Nintendo 3DS to next year, the company confirmed today. The Mercury Steam-developed Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate is now due for an early 2013 release on 3DS.
Originally, the portable spin-off to 2010's Castlevania: Lords of Shadow was slated for a release this fall.
Addressing the delay, Konami producer Dave Cox said "we want to take the necessary time needed to give fans a handheld title unlike any other."
Mirror of Fate, which takes place 25 years after the events of Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, is said to serve as a bridge to the events of Lords of Shadow 2, planned for release in 2013 on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC.
"Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate reveals the story of Gabriel Belmont's descendants, Simon and Trevor Belmont, as they battle their own destiny only to discover their true, shocking fate," Konami said.
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- You can pre-order this beautiful $365 Metroid statue starting today
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- Sherlock Holmes shooting at Watson is just the beginning of this 25 minute gameplay trailer