God of War: Ascension, features a grotesque elephant/minotaur hybrid designed to be smart and deadly.
God of War: Ascension, the upcoming PlayStation 3 prequel with a multiplayer twist, features a grotesque elephant/minotaur hybrid designed to be smart and deadly, according to a post on the official PlayStation blog.
A concept artist named Izzy explains the genesis of the Elephantaur, which began with a scrapped design from God of War 3 and a run in with a precocious pachyderm.
"I had a bad run in with an elephant in Thailand that thought it was really funny dunking me in the river Kwai again and again," he said. "The locals thought it was hilarious, too. But ever since... I've known them for what they really are: the giant grey bullies of the forest! So as an artist I drew from my suffering and humiliation to really make this guy an evil bastard. It fits our God of War universe perfectly."
In contradistinction to some other God of War baddies, the Elephantaur is designed to be both physically and intellectually menacing. "I feel that the Elephantaur is the perfect marriage of brutality with homicidal intellect," he said.
God of War: Ascension and its recently revealed Collector's Edition are slated for a March 12, 2013 release. You can see the Elephantaur's brutal cameo beginning at the 6:27 mark in the God of War: Ascension gameplay video from E3 below.
- The amazing real-world Assassin's Creed Unity parkour run and how it was created
- The new Unreal Tournament looks incredible, see it in motion
- Sony agrees to $15M settlement in 2011 data breach class action
- Here is how anyone can get The Sims 2 Ultimate Edition for free
- Titanfall getting in-game currency in update 5, coming July 31 with Frontier's Edge map pack