An official Twitter account for wacky, over-the-top 90s shooter Rise of the Triad surfaced today with a description saying that the game has returned.
An apparently official Twitter account for wacky, over-the-top 90s shooter Rise of the Triad surfaced today with a description saying that the game has returned.
"The world's most ludicrous shooter has returned thanks to @InterceptorEnt and @Apogee Software! See more at RiseOfTheTriad.net"
The linked website is currently parked, hosted by MLhosting, with no content. But the site is registered to Apogee Software, LLC, according to GoDaddy.com.
The Twitter account was spotted by a eagle-eyed 4chan reader and then linked to on Reddit. Perhaps not so coincidentally, QuakeCon kicks off today.
Interceptor Entertainment, the developers behind Duke Nukem 3D: Reloaded, are currently working on a next-generation AAA first-person shooter "in an established and well known IP" for the Xbox 360 and PS3 called Pathfinder, according to their site. They are also working on a fast-paced, first-person shooter headed to PC early next year codenamed Project Rogue.
- What does it really cost to open an indie studio? All your money, most of your life
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- If Sony wants PlayStation Now to succeed, it has to treat us better than GameStop
- Call of Duty: Ghosts' latest map pack lets you kill with mine carts, extreme Canadian weather
- Gearbox fights back in Aliens suit, says it paid millions of its own cash to finish game
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Do you often read the reviews after finishing a game?
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (July 2014)
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Tell Us Your Story