An official Twitter account for wacky, over-the-top 90s shooter Rise of the Triad surfaced today with a description saying that the game has returned.
An apparently official Twitter account for wacky, over-the-top 90s shooter Rise of the Triad surfaced today with a description saying that the game has returned.
"The world's most ludicrous shooter has returned thanks to @InterceptorEnt and @Apogee Software! See more at RiseOfTheTriad.net"
The linked website is currently parked, hosted by MLhosting, with no content. But the site is registered to Apogee Software, LLC, according to GoDaddy.com.
The Twitter account was spotted by a eagle-eyed 4chan reader and then linked to on Reddit. Perhaps not so coincidentally, QuakeCon kicks off today.
Interceptor Entertainment, the developers behind Duke Nukem 3D: Reloaded, are currently working on a next-generation AAA first-person shooter "in an established and well known IP" for the Xbox 360 and PS3 called Pathfinder, according to their site. They are also working on a fast-paced, first-person shooter headed to PC early next year codenamed Project Rogue.
- Games for Change 2014: How gaming can change everything
- Skylanders Trap Team coming Oct. 5 with a new twist and a new portal
- Playing with privilege: the invisible benefits of gaming while male
- Puppeteer, PayDay 2 and more join PS Plus Europe free game collection April 30
- Is Watch Dogs doing anything original?
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: What? (Wed 23 April)
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Changing Posting Name
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)
- Twitch Stream: Titanfall (One Match)
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 2sday (Tue 22 April)
- Polygon Feast & Fitness Vol. 3
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant