An official Twitter account for wacky, over-the-top 90s shooter Rise of the Triad surfaced today with a description saying that the game has returned.
An apparently official Twitter account for wacky, over-the-top 90s shooter Rise of the Triad surfaced today with a description saying that the game has returned.
"The world's most ludicrous shooter has returned thanks to @InterceptorEnt and @Apogee Software! See more at RiseOfTheTriad.net"
The linked website is currently parked, hosted by MLhosting, with no content. But the site is registered to Apogee Software, LLC, according to GoDaddy.com.
The Twitter account was spotted by a eagle-eyed 4chan reader and then linked to on Reddit. Perhaps not so coincidentally, QuakeCon kicks off today.
Interceptor Entertainment, the developers behind Duke Nukem 3D: Reloaded, are currently working on a next-generation AAA first-person shooter "in an established and well known IP" for the Xbox 360 and PS3 called Pathfinder, according to their site. They are also working on a fast-paced, first-person shooter headed to PC early next year codenamed Project Rogue.
- The 'true' story of a Pokémon game that turns you into a murderer
- Russian and German armor clash in Combat Mission: Red Thunder
- A guided tour of the 1 KB hard drive built inside Minecraft
- 'The Players' Score: A Videogame Music Documentary' is headed to Kickstarter with composers you'll recognize
- Fez developer Polytron hacked in ongoing game developer harassment effort
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread: Double Sabre - Fri Aug 22
- I've experienced the Pokémon World Championships, and you should too
- 'Goodbye Polygon,' said Frushtick
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Games with great Sound Design
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Thu Aug 21
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (August 2014)