An official Twitter account for wacky, over-the-top 90s shooter Rise of the Triad surfaced today with a description saying that the game has returned.
An apparently official Twitter account for wacky, over-the-top 90s shooter Rise of the Triad surfaced today with a description saying that the game has returned.
"The world's most ludicrous shooter has returned thanks to @InterceptorEnt and @Apogee Software! See more at RiseOfTheTriad.net"
The linked website is currently parked, hosted by MLhosting, with no content. But the site is registered to Apogee Software, LLC, according to GoDaddy.com.
The Twitter account was spotted by a eagle-eyed 4chan reader and then linked to on Reddit. Perhaps not so coincidentally, QuakeCon kicks off today.
Interceptor Entertainment, the developers behind Duke Nukem 3D: Reloaded, are currently working on a next-generation AAA first-person shooter "in an established and well known IP" for the Xbox 360 and PS3 called Pathfinder, according to their site. They are also working on a fast-paced, first-person shooter headed to PC early next year codenamed Project Rogue.
- How a video game helped save my sanity
- Dungeons & Dragons castle defense game coming to mobile next year
- The New Nintendo 3DS is everything fun, exhausting, about Nintendo's strategy
- People watched Twitch Plays Pokémon for a billion minutes
- In Firewatch, the job isn't to keep the wilderness from burning down
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Help Nipah build a PC
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Calling all first team Polygon staff to the Set!
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 29
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- What is your Current Game of the Year?