An official Twitter account for wacky, over-the-top 90s shooter Rise of the Triad surfaced today with a description saying that the game has returned.
An apparently official Twitter account for wacky, over-the-top 90s shooter Rise of the Triad surfaced today with a description saying that the game has returned.
"The world's most ludicrous shooter has returned thanks to @InterceptorEnt and @Apogee Software! See more at RiseOfTheTriad.net"
The linked website is currently parked, hosted by MLhosting, with no content. But the site is registered to Apogee Software, LLC, according to GoDaddy.com.
The Twitter account was spotted by a eagle-eyed 4chan reader and then linked to on Reddit. Perhaps not so coincidentally, QuakeCon kicks off today.
Interceptor Entertainment, the developers behind Duke Nukem 3D: Reloaded, are currently working on a next-generation AAA first-person shooter "in an established and well known IP" for the Xbox 360 and PS3 called Pathfinder, according to their site. They are also working on a fast-paced, first-person shooter headed to PC early next year codenamed Project Rogue.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepare to Die (Tues 11 Mar)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Why no wireless chat with Xbox One Headsets?
- Mobile Marketing Tips
- This is why we can't have nice things.
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (March 2014)
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends