Imangi Studios, the developer behind Temple Run, announced that the third-person infinite runner has been downloaded 100 million times since its launch one year ago today.
Detailed in a press release, Imangi confirmed that the breakdown of downloads is 68% in favor of the iOS version of the game, with 32% of users downloading Temple Run on Android devices.
Some more interesting stats: 10 billion game sessions have been played in the last year, which works out to an average of 100 games per user. For a deeper dive into the statistics, Imangi worked up a handy infographic.
To celebrate the milestone, Imangi made all of its pre-Temple Run mobile games available for free for a short period of time. The company also released a new update to Temple Run, adding Retina graphics to the iPad, new achievements and some new power-up options.
- Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell sends the Saints to Hell in 2015
- Nintendo reveals the New Nintendo 3DS
- Help us choose the best reader-designed Sunset Overdrive character
- The New Nintendo 3DS is everything fun, exhausting, about Nintendo's strategy
- More Dragon Quest games heading to mobile, including the original, very soon