Imangi Studios, the developer behind Temple Run, announced that the third-person infinite runner has been downloaded 100 million times since its launch one year ago today.
Detailed in a press release, Imangi confirmed that the breakdown of downloads is 68% in favor of the iOS version of the game, with 32% of users downloading Temple Run on Android devices.
Some more interesting stats: 10 billion game sessions have been played in the last year, which works out to an average of 100 games per user. For a deeper dive into the statistics, Imangi worked up a handy infographic.
To celebrate the milestone, Imangi made all of its pre-Temple Run mobile games available for free for a short period of time. The company also released a new update to Temple Run, adding Retina graphics to the iPad, new achievements and some new power-up options.
- Riot taught me League of Legends (and now I'm teaching you)
- Tonight, a nation's favorite game will award a human prize
- Dota 2 needs a white flag
- HBO documentary examines addiction, ethics of game design in shadow of child's death
- Why Shadow of Mordor's undead Elven hero and sexy Sauron are such a big deal