WildStar, the upcoming massively multiplayer online role playing game with a science fiction bent, received a video today highlighting character housing.
WildStar, the upcoming massively multiplayer online role playing game with a science fiction twist, received a video today highlighting character housing.
According to developer Carbine Studios, players complete a quest and receive a plot of land early in the game, which they can then customize and use for a number purposes tailored toward a variety of play styles.
"We set out to make housing a pillar of our game and one that brings more than just a place to decorate and hang out," a representative from Carbine said. "We wanted players to use their homes for meet ups and as a one-stop hub for many of the other aspects of our game.
"Our housing will offer something for everyone, whether you prefer fighting, crafting, socializing, participating in events or tooling with customization."
Carbine is currently accepting beta applications at the WildStar website. In the meantime, check out the video below to learn a bit about homesteading on the mysterious planet Nexus.
- Riot taught me League of Legends (and now I'm teaching you)
- Strike Suit Zero, Dishonored and more available free on Xbox Live Gold in August
- Watch the cast of 'Game of Thrones' goof off in this blooper reel
- Hearthstone dev invents stories that tell themselves
- HBO documentary examines addiction, ethics of game design in shadow of child's death