Mass Effect 3: Leviathan downloadable content focuses on the story of the Reapers.
Electronic Arts revealed the next story-driven, single-player downloadable content coming to Mass Effect 3 is titled "Leviathan."
Revealed at EA's Summer Showcase event, "Leviathan" takes place during the events of Mass Effect 3 and will expand upon the game's events "with gripping and emotional storytelling, compelling new characters, powerful weapons and unique upgrades."
"Players will be able to discover more about the origins of the Reapers as they race across the galaxy to unravel the mystery that surrounds the fabled Leviathan," says an EA announcement. Players will pursue "a mysterious being rumored to be powerful enough to destroy a Reaper" in a race against time, BioWare writes on its official blog.
Leviathan will include uncharted systems, new areas of the Citadel, and two unlockable weapons, the AT-12 Raider shotgun and M-55 Argus Assault Rifle.
BioWare says that "Leviathan" will be released for Mass Effect 3 on PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 later this summer. The downloadable content will cost $10 or 800 Microsoft Points.
In This StoryStream
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Würst Day Ever? (Fri 14 March)
- Contest: "A Haiku for Strider" (PC, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360 or Xbox One)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Green & Red (Thu 13 Mar)
- Save developers and you will save your soul.