Sony's Cross Buy scheme is so far only officially announced for Europe release.
Cross Buy, which will allow users who purchase PlayStation 3 titles to access a free PlayStation Vita version of the same title when available, is currently restricted to European users for now, according to Sony Worldwide Studios head Shuhei Yoshida.
Speaking to Famitsu, as translated by Andriasang, Yoshida would not commit to revealing information on Cross Buy's release in Japan or the United States, saying the service is "at present, just for Europe."
It is unknown when it is scheduled to be made available elsewhere.
Cross Buy was announced during Gamescom's Sony press conference last week. Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time, Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault, and PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale will get the Cross Buy treatment, with additional games added to the list later on.
Update: Shuhei Yoshida took to twitter to clarify the Cross Buy price is coming to Europe and North America but is not decided for Japan as of yet.
"PS Vita-PS3 Cross Buy price promo is coming to both Europe and North America. My quote by Famitsu was meant as 'not decided for Japan yet.'"
- The 'true' story of a Pokémon game that turns you into a murderer
- A guided tour of the 1 KB hard drive built inside Minecraft
- Do low game prices spell a 'mass extinction' for game developers?
- Fez developer Polytron hacked in ongoing game developer harassment effort
- Google cleans up Google Play store, removes dozens of Swing Copters clones