A teaser site from Square Enix heralds an announcement six days from now that is possible related to "The World Ends With You."
An announcement likely related to Nintendo DS role-playing game The World Ends With You is coming from Square Enix next week, according to a teaser site.
The site's url contains "subaseka," which could be a shortening of the game's Japanese title, Subarashiki Kono Sekai ("It's a Wonderful World"). The background music is a remix of two of the title's most well-known songs, "Calling" and "Twister," with riffs from the later presenting themselves if you move your computer's clock forward three days.
The site's darkened background image is reminiscent of the game's original box art; adjusting your computer clock gradually reveals what looks like the outline of the city in the art's background, as well as layers lyrics onto the music.
The bottom of the page lists Tetsuya Nomura and Gen Kobayashi as character designers for the secret announcement. Both did the artwork for The World Ends With You.
Recently The World Ends With You characters made appearances in Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance. In an interview with Nintendo Dream in April, Nomura said that casting the characters' voice actors was done "out of consideration of the future of The World Ends With You series."
We have contacted Square Enix for comment on the countdown, which runs out in six and a half days from this posting.
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Looking for good JRPGs on PS3, help needed
- Woady Reviews Anime: Whisper of the Heart
- Thoughts on the inaccurate sensor bar
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Reconsidering Columbine