Yakuza 5 to feature dance battles in Idol tournament.
Yakuza 5 will feature a new dance battle system for series mainstay Haruka, Sega revealed in its latest update to Famitsu, as translated by Andriasang.
These rhythm action battles are set to five different musical genres, including hip hop, house, "idol," jazz, and rock. Throughout the dance a gauge will fill that allows the player to perform a special "Dance Heat" move. Haruka will then be judged by spectators, and will gain "expression power" if she comes out ahead. High enough expression power will eventually lead to reaching the top of the Princess League Idol tournament.
Similarly, in typical battles against street thugs or larger enemies, the game may include a cinematic, context-sensitive move called "Heat Action." Like Dance Heat, this will be performed once the player builds up their heat gauge. Climax Heat, an advanced level of Heat Action, will also be available.
It was revealed earlier in the month that Yakuza 5 would include a playable arcade version of Namco Bandai's Taiko Drum Master. A North American release date is not yet available for Yakuza 5.
- How a video game helped save my sanity
- Dungeons & Dragons castle defense game coming to mobile next year
- The New Nintendo 3DS is everything fun, exhausting, about Nintendo's strategy
- People watched Twitch Plays Pokémon for a billion minutes
- In Firewatch, the job isn't to keep the wilderness from burning down