"Minecraft" is getting carrots and potatoes, dyed armor, and a terrifying new monster.
The latest update for Mojang's Minecraft will include a new foe to contend with, the three-headed Wither King, according to players who have downloaded the update's pre-release (called a snapshot).
The Wither King is a dark, skeletal figure that shoots projectiles from its three heads, slowly turning players' hearts to black after impact. YouTube user SethBling captured the creature and uploaded a video, posted below, demonstrating what it's capable of (skip ahead to 9:56 to see the Wither King in action).
The update will also include frames for objects like maps and weapons, potions of invisibility that also hide a user's nametag, carrots, potatoes, flower pots, and cobblestone wall blocks. This additions were made at the request of Minecraft players on Reddit, and a full list of the patch notes along with downloadable test worlds for each new addition can be found on the site's r/Minecraft forums.
- How a video game helped save my sanity
- Dragon Quest Heroes brings the series back to PlayStation in Dynasty Warriors style
- The New Nintendo 3DS is everything fun, exhausting, about Nintendo's strategy
- Persona 5 coming to PS3 and PS4 in 2015
- Disgaea 5, Earth Defense Force, Ys, Gundam and Senran Kagura coming to PS4