"Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn" examines its new soldiers with "Enlist" vignette.
A new vignette for live-action web series Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn released this morning, taking a thoughtful moment to examine its newest soldiers and their deepest insecurities.
"Enlist" offers a very real, very emotional look at how four of its characters handle their introduction to war. "Get a glimpse of the characters and where they come from... because some won't survive to see the end," reads a post on the video's YouTube page.
As they settle nervously into the barber's chair for their military buzzcuts, the questions they ask feel like more than just lines of script from a game-based web series – they are grounded in the very palpable terrors of the real-world battlefield.
"Will I be able to take another life?" one character asks.
"I don't think I could kill another human being. Ever," answers another.
Halo 4: Foward Unto Dawn will begin on October 5th and continue until the release of Halo 4 on November 6th. It will be viewable exclusively on Machinima and Microsoft's Halo Waypoint community. Developer 343 Industries hopes the web show will bring those unfamiliar with the series into the Halo fold, as well as explore human relationships in a way the games do not, as we get closer to the release of its next major title.
- Proof '90s kids playing video games are cooler than kids today
- Win a trip to California and one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Eve's new executive producer has a plan to attract new players with the help of old ones
- How cows predicted the seedy underbelly of social gaming
- Freedom Planet gameplay video - A Sega Genesis-style gem