"Starlight Story" is Aeria Games' latest browser-based endeavor, a fantasy massively multiplayer online game.
Today international free-to-play Internet games publisher Aeria Games announced Starlight Story, a browser-based massively multiplayer online title, is now accepting registrants for its closed beta phase.
Starlight Story mixes sci-fi and fantasy, illustrated in the trailer below, as players utilize a meld of technology and magic on their quest to save a dying planet. Players are dropped into a world of dwindling resources, without which everything will fall to ruin unless a solution can be found.
A unique mechanic called "Superstar transformations" allows players to take on the form of bosses they have previously defeated, granting them use of that boss's powers and statistics. These morphing powers are shared with players' pets, which are bred to fight alongside them in battle along, along with mounts, which remain active in battle and provide speed and stat boosts.
Beta registration can be completed on the game's official website.
Aeria Games, based in Santa Clara, California, publishes browser, PC, tablet, and smartphone games across 30 countries and in nine languages.
- State of Decay's Lifeline DLC is just the start of Undead Labs' 'long-term ambitions'
- Why the makers of Guacamelee decided to make a touch game about a one-armed woman
- Political-based strategy game ReignMaker now available for PC via Steam
- Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies, Street Fighter vets and more designing Magic 2015 cards
- MLB The Show's neatest trick was not as easy as it looks