Kenji Kaido, a producer on Ico and Shadow of the Colossus, announced today on Twitter that he is no longer working at Sony Computer Entertainment.
Kenji Kaido, a producer on Ico and Shadow of the Colossus, announced today that he is no longer working at Sony Computer Entertainment.
"This August I retired from SCE," he wrote on his Twitter account. "Although my plans for the future are still undecided, I will enjoy my summer vacation for a little while.
Kaido joined Sony in 1997 after spending a decade at Taito. Before producing Team Ico's celebrated PlayStation 2 titles, he worked on the PlayStation titles Tomba!, Ape Escape, and Tomba! 2: The Evil Swine Return.
We've reached out to Sony for comment on Kaido's departure. His exit comes less than a year after Team Ico game designer Fumito Ueda left Sony; Ueda is finishing The Last Guardian as a contractor, not an employee. According to Wired, Kaido was not working on The Last Guardian.
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- You can pre-order this beautiful $365 Metroid statue starting today
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- Sherlock Holmes shooting at Watson is just the beginning of this 25 minute gameplay trailer