"Hawken" will support the Oculus Rift virtual reality headset.
Hawken, Adhesive Games' upcoming free to play first-person mech-shooter, will support the Oculus Rift when the virtual reality headset development kits ship in December, publisher Meteor Entertainment announced today.
Developers and backers of the headset's Kickstarter will be the first to play the virtual reality version of Hawken. The Rift version of the game will be available to the public when the headset ships to retail at a yet unannounced date, and will join Doom 3 BFG Edition as one of the first in the headset's gaming library
Hawken, set in a distant dystopian future in which players pilot giant mecha in a fierce battle for dwindling resources, will release on December 12th for PC. The game, which began its life as an indie title, has already been pinned for a web series and feature film.
- What does it really cost to open an indie studio? All your money, most of your life
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- If Sony wants PlayStation Now to succeed, it has to treat us better than GameStop
- How well does PlayStation Now work on PS4?
- Police: San Diego Comic-Con cosplayer wasn't assaulted, she fell