"Hawken" will support the Oculus Rift virtual reality headset.
Hawken, Adhesive Games' upcoming free to play first-person mech-shooter, will support the Oculus Rift when the virtual reality headset development kits ship in December, publisher Meteor Entertainment announced today.
Developers and backers of the headset's Kickstarter will be the first to play the virtual reality version of Hawken. The Rift version of the game will be available to the public when the headset ships to retail at a yet unannounced date, and will join Doom 3 BFG Edition as one of the first in the headset's gaming library
Hawken, set in a distant dystopian future in which players pilot giant mecha in a fierce battle for dwindling resources, will release on December 12th for PC. The game, which began its life as an indie title, has already been pinned for a web series and feature film.
- Robin Williams' Genie may be immortalized in World of Warcraft
- Development hell: The video game
- Sexual conquest and emotional connections in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- With Han Solo, Leia and Chewie, Star Wars Commander is bringing back the force
- Wii U game pre-orders see the largest increase during Gamescom, says Amazon UK