Sony confirms list of PSone Classics for Vita: 9 in North America, 129 in Europe.
Firmware 1.80 has been released for PlayStation Vita, bringing with it (official) support for original PlayStation games, Cross Controller functionality, the ability to navigate menus with the system's buttons and analog sticks, and the ability to use the rear touchpad to scroll and zoom in webpages. On the eve of PSone Classics compatibility, Sony has also revealed which original PlayStation games the PS Vita will support.
In North America, just nine PlayStation games will be made available for download via the PlayStation Store for Vita owners. It's a surprising, suspiciously small list.
- Arc the Lad
- Cool Boarders 2
- Final Fantasy VII
- Hot Shots Golf 2
- Jet Moto
- Syphon Filter
- Tomb Raider
- Twisted Metal 2
- Wild Arms
In Europe, Vita owners will get access to a much longer list of PSone Classics later this week. Starting August 29th, 129 original PlayStation games will be available for download. Why the disparity between the two territories? We've asked Sony Computer Entertainment America.
Don Mesa, director of Handheld Consoles Product Planning and Platform Software Innovation at SCEA, says in a new video walkthrough of PS Vita firmware 1.80 that Sony plans "phased rollouts" of PlayStation titles each week.
In This StoryStream
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31
- Stopping non article videos from auto playing.
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Do you often read the reviews after finishing a game?
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (July 2014)
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta