Thatgamecompany to release "The Art of Journey" hardcover book exploring visual development of their PlayStation 3 game.
The Art of Journey will offer a behind-the-scenes look at the creation of thatgamecompany's gorgeous PlayStation 3 adventure Journey this September in a book designed and written by the game's art director.
Readers will get a first look at concept art, pencil drawings, and 3D models of Journey's landscapes and characters in the forthcoming book, as well as augmented reality images that can be viewed using a mobile application from developer Daqri. The Art of Journey will also feature curated Journey fan art and include a free voucher for Austin Wintory's soundtrack.
Jenova Chen, creative director at thatgamecompany, joins Nava, Wintory, and others involved in the making of The Art of Journey in this preview video of the upcoming book.
- Street Fighter: The Movie — What went wrong
- How indie devs are finding success, and publicity, in toys and merch
- Tales from the Borderlands stars two lying, greedy Pandorians (update)
- BBC launches update of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy text adventure
- The final years of Irrational Games, according to those who were there