Update: Activision officially announced both the Hardened and Care Package editions. The Hardened Edition will cost $79.99, while the Care Package Edition will sell for $179.99.
In addition, a Digital Deluxe Edition will be available on PC for $79.99. It will offer the Nuketown Zombies and Nuketown 2025 maps, a digital copy of the soundtrack, and a digital copy of Call of Duty: World at War.
We've added Activision's official images for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions of both editions in a gallery below.
Original story: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 will be available in "Hardened" and "Care Package" special editions, according to images leaked on Facebook and spotted by a NeoGAF user.
Neither edition appears to come with Call of Duty Elite. Last year, the $100 "Hardened Edition" of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 included a one-year subscription to the Elite service and its downloadable "content drops," a membership that costs $50 alone.
Instead, both the Hardened and Care Package editions offer Black Ops 2 itself in a Steelbook case; the game's Jack Wall-composed soundtrack, featuring a main theme by Trent Reznor; the Nuketown 2025 map and Nuketown Zombies mode; limited-edition challenge coins; and some exclusive in-game content.
Where the Care Package Edition goes above its Hardened sibling is in its inclusion of an MD-27 "Dragonfire" drone that can be flown with a remote control. The drone is just one of the futuristic military vehicles featured in Black Ops 2. It must be pretty big — just check out this photo from the Call of Duty Twitter account, which includes Treyarch's Dan Bunting and David Vonderhaar for scale.
We've reached out to Activision for more details, and will update this post as soon as they're available. Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 will be available on November 13th on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC.
- Conception 2 review: bad romance
- Blizzard silenced Hearthstone players, and it made the game amazing
- The Titanfall for Vita that wasn't and the decision that changed its name
- PS3 bundled with The Amazing Spider-Man 2 for $269 at Walmart
- Meet the gay soldier you didn't know was in Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City
- What makes a good console MMO?
- Doctor Who: Legacy first major update will add more than 20 hours of gameplay
- The modder who fixed Dark Souls' PC port scrutinizes Dark Souls 2
- Octodad: Dadliest Catch launches April 22 for PS4
- VR headsets replacing standard displays is likely, not insane