A PlayStation Vita workaround will transfer PSOne Classics from the PlayStation 3.
YouTube user FistFullofPotions shared a video today, posted below, showing how to transfer PSOne Classics to PlayStation Vita via PlayStation 3, including games not included on the list of nine available in North America with the handheld's latest update.
Vita users must first download the firmware update 1.80, which allows the handheld to emulate the PSOne. Since the PS3 is already compatible with all PSOne titles, downloading a game on the console and leaving it uninstalled will have it show up in the Vita's download queue (pre-installed files will not show up).
Once in Content Manager on the Vita, uninstalled games will show up under the PSOne heading. This transfer method also works with PlayStation Portable and PlayStation Mini games. These games have not passed Sony's Vita quality control, so as FistFullofPotions notes, transfers are done at your own peril.
- Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare
- Arc the Lad III
- Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain
- Chrono Cross
- Crash Bandicoot
- Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back
- Crash Bandicoot: Warped
- Crash Team Racing
- Final Fantasy V
- Legend Of Mana
- Oddworld: Abe's Oddysse
- Oddworld: Abe's Exodus
- Pocket Fighter
- R-Type Delta
- Spyro The Dragon
- Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage
- Spyro: Year of the Dragon
- Theme Hospital
Polygon has reached out to Sony and PlayStation for comment on the disparity in the number of PSOne classics made available in Europe and North America, the former having all 129 while the latter received nine. We will report any new information once it's available.
- What does it really cost to open an indie studio? All your money, most of your life
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- If Sony wants PlayStation Now to succeed, it has to treat us better than GameStop
- How well does PlayStation Now work on PS4?
- Ultima Forever comes to an end months after closure of EA Mythic
- Sonic fan art expert rates the pornographic potential for Sonic Boom cast
- Police: San Diego Comic-Con cosplayer wasn't assaulted, she fell
- X-Men, Pacific Rim and virtual tornadoes: How Hollywood used Oculus Rift at Comic-Con
- How to lose a game of Stronghold Crusader 2
- This fan-made Super Smash Bros. trailer is amazing ... and a little creepy
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 1
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31
- Hi, nice to meet you.
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Tell Us Your Story
- RIP Friends List?
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Wait. Could the iPad Mini be a better gaming handheld than the PSVita?