A PlayStation Vita workaround will transfer PSOne Classics from the PlayStation 3.
YouTube user FistFullofPotions shared a video today, posted below, showing how to transfer PSOne Classics to PlayStation Vita via PlayStation 3, including games not included on the list of nine available in North America with the handheld's latest update.
Vita users must first download the firmware update 1.80, which allows the handheld to emulate the PSOne. Since the PS3 is already compatible with all PSOne titles, downloading a game on the console and leaving it uninstalled will have it show up in the Vita's download queue (pre-installed files will not show up).
Once in Content Manager on the Vita, uninstalled games will show up under the PSOne heading. This transfer method also works with PlayStation Portable and PlayStation Mini games. These games have not passed Sony's Vita quality control, so as FistFullofPotions notes, transfers are done at your own peril.
- Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare
- Arc the Lad III
- Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain
- Chrono Cross
- Crash Bandicoot
- Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back
- Crash Bandicoot: Warped
- Crash Team Racing
- Final Fantasy V
- Legend Of Mana
- Oddworld: Abe's Oddysse
- Oddworld: Abe's Exodus
- Pocket Fighter
- R-Type Delta
- Spyro The Dragon
- Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage
- Spyro: Year of the Dragon
- Theme Hospital
Polygon has reached out to Sony and PlayStation for comment on the disparity in the number of PSOne classics made available in Europe and North America, the former having all 129 while the latter received nine. We will report any new information once it's available.
- My mother made me a gamer, and gave me the skills to deal with her death
- Play Mass Effect 3's ultimate space battle with this Homeworld 2 mod
- MLB The Show's neatest trick was not as easy as it looks
- Conception 2 review: bad romance
- A look back on Harvest Moon, the unlikely console farming simulator
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn on PS4 - Overview video
- OlliOlli developer Roll7's next trick, the kill combo-based shoot 'em up Not A Hero
- Two more videos show off Ultra Street Fighter 4's characters, opening cinematic
- Easter eggs? Here are two in Garden Warfare — including the Slender Man
- See Star Citizen's dogfighting, and more, in action
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)
- Polygon Feast & Fitness Vol. 3
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Polygon Connect: The Great "Gamertag/PSN ID/Whatever" Roundup
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Scrolling front page - can't access bottom banner
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)
- Looking for Game Suggestions