SuperGiant's action RPG is coming to Apple's tablet.
According to Apple's New Zealand App Store, Bastion will be releasing on iPad throughout the world later today or tomorrow (depending on your time zone). Eastern Daylight Time, for example, should get it around 11 p.m. tonight.
Supergiant Games' action RPG is priced at $6.49 Australian, whichusually prices at $4.99 in US dollars.
According to the App Store description, Bastion will require an iPad 2 or a new iPad to run. It'll support GameCenter for achievements and leaderboards, but it doesn't appear any additional features have been added for the iPad version.
Update: Supergiant has posted a comprehensive FAQ about the iPad version of Bastion on its website, along with a trailer, which we've embedded below. Bastion on iPad doesn't have any major new additions, but Supergiant added simplified controls — the default on iPad — so that the game doesn't have to be played with a virtual joystick and buttons. (That's an option with the "Classic Controls.")
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: M! (Wed 16 Apr)
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Contest Resumes: Infamous: Second Son - Win a statue of Delsin Rowe
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol.2, No.7: Warai, Warai!
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Where's Polygon? (Tue 15 Apr)
- The Secret Ending (spoilers)
- The best song in a video game?
- Gamertag Hook-Ups
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)
- Pax East: Bring us your Polygon Scavenger Hunt photos, Vines and stories