SuperGiant's action RPG is coming to Apple's tablet.
According to Apple's New Zealand App Store, Bastion will be releasing on iPad throughout the world later today or tomorrow (depending on your time zone). Eastern Daylight Time, for example, should get it around 11 p.m. tonight.
Supergiant Games' action RPG is priced at $6.49 Australian, whichusually prices at $4.99 in US dollars.
According to the App Store description, Bastion will require an iPad 2 or a new iPad to run. It'll support GameCenter for achievements and leaderboards, but it doesn't appear any additional features have been added for the iPad version.
Update: Supergiant has posted a comprehensive FAQ about the iPad version of Bastion on its website, along with a trailer, which we've embedded below. Bastion on iPad doesn't have any major new additions, but Supergiant added simplified controls — the default on iPad — so that the game doesn't have to be played with a virtual joystick and buttons. (That's an option with the "Classic Controls.")
- This is a video game (and it's the best thing ever)
- The Sims 4 gameplay video - 48 hours in the life of a Sim
- Here's your first look at Dead or Alive 5 Last Round on PS4 and Xbox One
- Nearly 1K developers sign letter to end intolerance in the games community (update)
- Keep your pants up with these GoldenEye proximity mines
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: What is this thing? Is this interesting? - Tue Sep 2
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Looking for good JRPGs on PS3, help needed
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- What is your Current Game of the Year?
- Let's talk about the Guardians of the Galaxy film
- Forum moderation?
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Woady Reviews Anime: Whisper of the Heart