SuperGiant's action RPG is coming to Apple's tablet.
According to Apple's New Zealand App Store, Bastion will be releasing on iPad throughout the world later today or tomorrow (depending on your time zone). Eastern Daylight Time, for example, should get it around 11 p.m. tonight.
Supergiant Games' action RPG is priced at $6.49 Australian, whichusually prices at $4.99 in US dollars.
According to the App Store description, Bastion will require an iPad 2 or a new iPad to run. It'll support GameCenter for achievements and leaderboards, but it doesn't appear any additional features have been added for the iPad version.
Update: Supergiant has posted a comprehensive FAQ about the iPad version of Bastion on its website, along with a trailer, which we've embedded below. Bastion on iPad doesn't have any major new additions, but Supergiant added simplified controls — the default on iPad — so that the game doesn't have to be played with a virtual joystick and buttons. (That's an option with the "Classic Controls.")
- Dota 2 needs a white flag
- Riot taught me League of Legends (and now I'm teaching you)
- Tonight, a nation's favorite game will award a human prize
- Hotline Miami publisher is coming to the rescue of GaymerX after this week's funding mishap
- HBO documentary examines addiction, ethics of game design in shadow of child's death
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- What's your favorite silly game?
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Tell Us Your Story
- Have you heard of Toki's Magic Wand???
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today