The Metal Gear 25th Anniversary event in Japan brought news of a movie, a new Metal Gear title, and a mobile social game.
The next game in the Metal Gear series will be Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes, according to an announcement that was made today at the Metal Gear 25th Anniversary Party.
The announcement was meant to be embargoed and media were not meant to tweet about it, however, the news leaked via Twitter, revealing that the game was being made in the Fox Engine.
Few details are known about the game, but it is believed that it will be open-world.
We will update this story when more information is available.
Update: A 20-minute demo of Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes was shown during the event, as...
Metal Gear Solid Social Ops is being made for Japan's leading mobile gaming network, GREE, it was announced at the Metal Gear 25th Anniversary Party this evening.
While details are currently scant, it appears that the game is being made in Unity with full 3D and will be playable at Tokyo Game Show next month.
The game is slated to be released next fall/winter.
A Metal Gear movie is in the works, according to an announcement made at the Metal Gear 25th Anniversary Party held today in Tokyo.
During the party Metal Gear creator Hideo Kojima was joined on stage by the CEO and founder of Marvel Studios (Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, and most recent, Marvel's The Avengers), Avi Arad, who confirmed that he will be making the film with Columbia Pictures
"For many years I fought to bring comics to theater – and video games are the comics of today," Arad told the audience in Tokyo.
Arad spoke of how Metal Gear has the promise of connecting animation with...
- The fixer: Why Rod Fergusson returned to Gears of War
- Polygon Plays: Deus Ex - Episode one
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' is the chili cheese fry of Marvel's movie collection
- Players want more options than murder, and GTA 5 proves it
- How well does PlayStation Now work on PS4?
- Zelda speedrunner explains how it's possible to beat Ocarina of Time in 18 minutes
- OneeChanbara is still kicking, bringing NSFW zombie-slashing action to PS4 this fall
- ABC just launched history's biggest, most well-funded LARP
- Hollywood taking a second stab at a Dead Island movie
- Police: San Diego Comic-Con cosplayer wasn't assaulted, she fell (update)