Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 is coming to the Wii U, according to an ESRB listing.
Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 is headed to the Wii U, according to a listing on the official Entertainment Software Ratings Board for the upcoming title.
The sequel to 2010's Sniper: Ghost Warrior was previously announced to arrive on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC.
The upcoming Sniper game will use CryEngine 3, echoing Crytek's earlier statement that a title using the engine is on its way to Wii U. Speaking to Polygon earlier this month, Crytek director of business development Carl Jones stated the engine is currently running on the new platform.
"The engine is working on Wii U," Jones said. "There are a couple of licenses and one very, very big project using CryEngine on Wii U."
Jones declined to describe the game, only saying it was a "very different style."
Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 is scheduled to release January 15th, 2013; however, it is unknown whether the Wii U edition will release alongside the other consoles.
- Riot taught me League of Legends (and now I'm teaching you)
- Strike Suit Zero, Dishonored and more available free on Xbox Live Gold in August
- Watch the cast of 'Game of Thrones' goof off in this blooper reel
- Hearthstone dev invents stories that tell themselves
- HBO documentary examines addiction, ethics of game design in shadow of child's death