Sony president Kaz Hirai says that PlayStation Vita sales are as expected, but the handheld is "trending behind" in certain regions.
PlayStation Vita sales are meeting expectations but still lacking in certain regions, according to Sony CEO Kaz Hirai.
"Worldwide, the Vita is pretty much along where we would expect it to be, maybe trending behind in certain territories," Hirai told Reuters today at the Internationale Funkausstellung Berlin ("Berlin Radio Show"), Europe's largest industrial trade show.
Hirai declined to comment on which regions are showing slower sales.
"In terms of sales it's doing as well as last month, so we'd like to see it go up significantly," he said.
The Vita has sold 2.2 million units as of June 30th, but is still outsold by Nintendo's 3DS.
- OlliOlli developer Roll7's next trick, the kill combo-based shoot 'em up Not A Hero
- MLB The Show's neatest trick was not as easy as it looks
- Fan-made Morrowind restoration will feature two hours of original music
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn on PS4 - Overview video
- Conception 2 review: bad romance
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Public Holidays = Relax! (Fri 18 Apr)
- Looking for Game Suggestions
- inFamous Screenshot Potluck Extravaganza!
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Post Your Rig!
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)