Xbox announces the first wave of 40 games coming to Windows 8.
Windows 8 will be getting 40 Xbox Live titles in the first wave of games to hit the system, a post on Major Nelson announced today.
All Windows 8 Xbox Live games will include Achievements, and most titles will feature leaderboards and multiplayer modes.
The first batch includes 29 games from Microsoft Studios as well as popular titles from Rovio, Gameloft, and Halfbrick Studios:
- 4 Elements II Special Edition
- A World of Keflings
- Adera: Episode 1
- Adera: Episode 2
- Adera: Episode 3
- Angry Birds
- Angry Birds Space
- Big Buck Hunter Pro
- BlazBlue Calamity Trigger
- Collateral Damage
- Crash Course GO
- Cut the Rope
- Disney Fairies
- Dragon's Lair
- Field & Stream Fishing
- Fruit Ninja
- Gravity Guy
- Gunstringer: Dead Man Running
- Hydro Thunder Hurricane
- iStunt 2
- Jetpack Joyride
- Kinectimals Unleashed
- Microsoft Mahjong
- Microsoft Minesweeper
- Microsoft Solitaire Collection
- Monster Island
- PAC-MAN Championship Edition DX
- Pinball FX 2
- Reckless Racing Ultimate
- Rocket Riot 3D
- Shark Dash
- Shuffle Party
- Skulls of the Shogun
- Team Crossword
- The Harvest HD
- Toy Soldiers Cold War
Many of these games will be available on Windows 8 beginning October 26th. Microsoft Studios will be showing some of the above titles in the Xbox booth at PAX Prime in Seattle this weekend. Polygon will be at PAX providing coverage live from the show floor.
In This StoryStream
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Do Polynauts dream of analog sheep? (Fri 7 Mar)
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (March 2014)
- When Gameplay coincides with the story
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Dracul: Now not a Dick
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Welcome to the Polygon Community!
- Which FPS are you most looking forward to in 2014?
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends