New Prince of Persia screenshots hint a upcoming reboot.
A screenshot allegedly taken from an in-development Prince of Persia reboot was leaked to the official Ubisoft forum this weekend.
The image, shown with an overlayed title "PoP Zero 2," depicts a crowd surrounding a single warrior believed to be the titular prince, and an apparent Egyptian setting.
This differs greatly from Ubisoft's earlier attempt at a Prince of Persia reboot, codenamed Prince of Persia Zero, which was thought to be set in the modern day as part of a radical departure from the series' origins.
Earlier in June images of what seemed to be a trailer for a new Prince of Persia title emerged on NeoGAF, depicting a similarly styled setting and lead character as shown below.
We have contacted Ubisoft for confirmation and will update the article in due course.
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- The studio that made Tony Hawk's Pro Skater closed, here's its billion-dollar story
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- How the Model T convinced Nvidia to build a gaming-focused tablet
- This is what the sheer intensity of an official Pokemon championship tournament looks like
More from Polygon
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Standby Or Off On PS4
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 23
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 22
- Women in Games: A Reaction
- Do you often read the reviews after finishing a game?
- Deals With Gold Weekly(?) Update