PlayStation Collections, a line of retail and digital bundles for first-party PlayStation franchises, was announced by Sony today.
PlayStation Collections is an upcoming line of retail and digital bundles for first-party PlayStation franchises, with prices "starting at $29.99."
Sony has a long list of "HD collection" releases, and going forward, the company will highlight the packages with prominent golden "Collection" labels and golden badges listing the wealth of content included inside. The Collections line is set to launch in North America on August 28th, starting with the previously announced Ratchet & Clank Collection. For $29.99, that bundle offers 1080p versions of the first three Ratchet & Clank PlayStation 2 games with support for 3D in 720p, and early access to the demo for Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time.
Launching alongside the Ratchet & Clank Collection are the God of War Saga — not to be confused with the previously released God of War Collection or God of War: Origins Collection — and the Infamous Collection. Those bundles include the following:
God of War Saga
- God of War
- God of War II
- God of War III
- God of War: Origins Collection (which includes God of War: Chains of Olympus and God of War: Ghost of Sparta)
- Exclusive Bonus Content
- Voucher For 1 Trial Month of PlayStation Plus
- Remastered for HD, DUALSHOCK Control, Full PlayStation Network Trophy Support and 3D (3D supported only in God of War: Origins Collection)
- inFAMOUS 2
- inFAMOUS: Festival of Blood
- Extra missions
- Additional character costumes, power ups and weapon styles
In a nod to longtime fans who may already own many of the titles in the bundles, Sony will make "select titles" available individually on the PlayStation Store, albeit without the bonus content from the full packages.
Entries in the Collections line will be priced "starting at $29.99"; the God of War Saga and Infamous Collection will each cost $39.99, which is a great deal in both cases.
Update: Sony has since revealed pricing for the God of War Saga and Infamous Collection. We've updated the original story to reflect the announcement.
- The 'true' story of a Pokémon game that turns you into a murderer
- A guided tour of the 1 KB hard drive built inside Minecraft
- Do low game prices spell a 'mass extinction' for game developers?
- Fez developer Polytron hacked in ongoing game developer harassment effort
- Pokémon's Slowpoke has its own official reggae song
- The Long Dark arrives on Early Access next month
- Google cleans up Google Play store, removes dozens of Swing Copters clones
- Disney Infinity is free to download on Wii U
- Russian and German armor clash in Combat Mission: Red Thunder
- 'The Players' Score: A Videogame Music Documentary' is headed to Kickstarter with composers you'll recognize
- Weekend at Pokégon's: Open Thread - Aug 23-24
- 'Goodbye Polygon,' said Frushtick
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread: Double Sabre - Fri Aug 22
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Anime You Might Not Have Tried/Heard of #9
- I've experienced the Pokémon World Championships, and you should too