"Scourge: Outbreak" blasting its way onto the PlayStation Network "soon."
Scourge: Outbreak, a third-person co-op shooter from Tragnarion Studios, is due out on PlayStation Network "soon" according to a post on the official PlayStation blog.
Scourge's narrative follows four players in co-op mode, with each experiencing their own unique character flashbacks as the game progresses.
"These memories are designed to fit together as a kind of jig-saw puzzle, so the best way to get the full picture is to discuss them with your buddies," reads the post from lead designer Omar Salleh. "Some show dubious details about yourself, while others cast doubt on your squad-mates."
Salleh promises that single-player mode is "a complete experience in and of itself," but players wanting a juicier narrative experience will want to grab friends for co-op mode.
Each member of Echo Squad, Scourge's heroes, retains their own unique abilities, stats, and weapons handling. Tragnarion has also attempted to move away from the establish third-person-shooter formula, with "a faster-paced, less methodical combat feel."
Scourge: Outbreak is coming to PlayStation Network soon, with Xbox Live and PC versions to follow.
- Dota 2 needs a white flag
- Riot taught me League of Legends (and now I'm teaching you)
- Hotline Miami publisher is coming to the rescue of GaymerX after this week's funding mishap
- Why Shadow of Mordor's undead Elven hero and sexy Sauron are such a big deal
- PAX Prime 2014's featured indies include Mushroom 11, Duet, Framed