The Chinese government ruled last week that TV shows cannot be adapted from MMOs.
The Chinese State Administration of Radio, Film, and Television (SARFT) ruled last week that broadcast television shows cannot be adapted from massively multiplayer online games, reports website 178.
The ruling is part of six new guidelines for Chinese television, which bans remakes of foreign shows and mandates that dramas should make clear disctinction between good and evil.
Currently the only massively multiplayer game-based show airing in China is Rift In The Sky, based on the popular series Sword of the Yellow Emperor originally released in the country in 1990. 178 speculates that the series, from one of "the most classical and welcomed Chinese PC/OL game series in China," will likely cease production.
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)
- Looking for Game Suggestions
- inFamous Screenshot Potluck Extravaganza!
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Public Holidays = Relax! (Fri 18 Apr)
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Post Your Rig!
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)