The Chinese government ruled last week that TV shows cannot be adapted from MMOs.
The Chinese State Administration of Radio, Film, and Television (SARFT) ruled last week that broadcast television shows cannot be adapted from massively multiplayer online games, reports website 178.
The ruling is part of six new guidelines for Chinese television, which bans remakes of foreign shows and mandates that dramas should make clear disctinction between good and evil.
Currently the only massively multiplayer game-based show airing in China is Rift In The Sky, based on the popular series Sword of the Yellow Emperor originally released in the country in 1990. 178 speculates that the series, from one of "the most classical and welcomed Chinese PC/OL game series in China," will likely cease production.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- 90's Cartoon Network vs. 90's Nickelodeon.
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Thu Aug 21
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- Games with great Sound Design
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?
- Feature to track games?
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 20
- Why isn't Polygon talking about the Quinn thing ?